I decided to give the look of this blog an uplift that features pictures I took this past year around town. It was really hard to pick out which ones to feature as Birmingham has so many picture-perfect spots.
I also thought about highlighting some blog posts, but they are all here to be found by clicking tags and such. Instead I thought I’d link up some articles I wrote for the Leaf that didn’t appear on the blog.
Four of the articles revolve around Riverchase Middle School since that is where I spend much of my time as a substitute teacher.
· In September Dr. Tim Elmore visited RMS for a day, speaking to students, teachers, and parents.
· Also in September, teacher Hannah Rodgers won the WAIT One Class at a Time Grant.
· The fall brings football, and this year it brought a new tradition to Pelham High School. Players write appreciation letters to former teachers and the coach delivers a jersey to the teacher to be worn on game day.
· Students had a real treat when local author Lou Anders came to visit.
· In August we traveled to Montana to see our daughter. Before we left, I made a thank-you package for a family that was giving us a place to stay while we were there. I had fun shopping for All Things B’ham.
· I was able to see Big Fish in September, my first Red Mountain Theatre Company experience.
Looking forward to 2016, I hope to explore more of the Birmingham area, make more blog posts and continue to write for the Leaf.