October is almost over and I just realized I didn’t write a third quarter recap at the end of September. So, for what it’s worth, here are the highlights of my third quarter:
- We kept our daughter’s dog, Poca, for over a month while she was in Columbia, South America. Things started out well, but after the second fight, in which Loretta received a puncture wound, we kept the two dogs separate. It was fine, though, as each one got special attention.
- I went to McAlister’s Deli for the first time. The Orange Cranberry Club was delish!
- Joined Grace Covenant Baptist Church and began making new friends
- Subbed in some new schools. including McAdory Middle, McAdory High, Pleasant Grove High, West Elementary, Hueytown Middle, Oak Mountain Middle, Helena Middle, Helena High
- Attended a few Saturday Write Club meetings at the Hoover Library
- Went on five hikes
- Took lots of pictures around Bham
- Went to Jacksonville and squeezed in a lot of visits. Got to see my cousin Paula for the first time in over 15 years
- Spent a morning at Jacksonville Beach
- Started the Kindred Spirit Book Club – it’s online, so if you are interested, leave me a comment or email me.
- Started Round Two of the Capture the ‘Ham Small Group/Photo Group
And now to finish the year well!