October is almost over and I just realized I didn’t write a third quarter recap at the end of September. So, for what it’s worth, here are the highlights of my third quarter:
- We kept our daughter’s dog, Poca, for over a month while she was in Columbia, South America. Things started out well, but after the second fight, in which Loretta received a puncture wound, we kept the two dogs separate. It was fine, though, as each one got special attention.
- I went to McAlister’s Deli for the first time. The Orange Cranberry Club was delish!
- Joined Grace Covenant Baptist Church and began making new friends
- Subbed in some new schools. including McAdory Middle, McAdory High, Pleasant Grove High, West Elementary, Hueytown Middle, Oak Mountain Middle, Helena Middle, Helena High
- Attended a few Saturday Write Club meetings at the Hoover Library
- Went on five hikes
- Took lots of pictures around Bham
- Went to Jacksonville and squeezed in a lot of visits. Got to see my cousin Paula for the first time in over 15 years
- Spent a morning at Jacksonville Beach
- Started the Kindred Spirit Book Club – it’s online, so if you are interested, leave me a comment or email me.
- Started Round Two of the Capture the ‘Ham Small Group/Photo Group
And now to finish the year well!
A quarter of 2016 has already slipped by. The following is a recap of the last three months, just covering some of the highlights.
- I was the voice of @BeingBham on twitter for the last week of January
- Had the best pork chop ever at Gianmarcos in Homewood
- Got my name on the sign at Demetri’s!
- I met Matt Redmond, author of God of the Mundane
- I flew to Tampa for Juliette’s 3rd birthday and Princess Party
- Heard the Vulcan Eejits at the Hoover Library
- Spent quite a few days subbing at RMS and PHS
- Rediscovered some old photos
- Discovered Eudora Welty
Morgan or Larry? You be the judge
I learned a lesson – don’t assume. You know what they say…
Last year I wrote a short blog post on the voice that comfortingly comes over the speaker at the Birmingham/Shuttlesworth Airport. The voice that tells you not to leave your bags unattended.
Here is the original post: https://angie5804b.wordpress.com/2015/04/23/bham-shuttlesworth-airport/
Turns out, according to a source from my stint @BeingBham on Twitter, that voice isn’t actually Morgan’s. It’s a guy named Larry Davis. Wow, was I fooled. So, I checked out Larry. You need to, also. On this page you can hear samples, including his impression of Morgan Freeman. I bet you would have been fooled, too!