People are always asking, “Where did the time go?” The time goes in big and small moments, some memorable and some wasted. You can read my highlights of the first quarter of 2016 HERE.
Here are some highlights of the second quarter of my year:
- I got my taxes done on time
- Discovered Ruffner Mountain
- Finished out the year subbing – you can read some of those adventures HERE. This also included the last three days of school with a great bunch of 8th graders
- Flew to Tampa to spend time with fam. This included a late afternoon at Clearwater Beach and a gorgeous sunset
- Read lots of books – You can check out what I’ve read so far this year here on my Pinterest board
- Made several trips to Pepper Place Market
- With more time in the summer, I checked out movies from the Hoover Library. It’s also a great place for lunch or a coffee!
- Discovered: Over Easy Cafe – delish!; Hillsboro Trail; Lazy Boy BBQ in Helena (great pork – best for take-out); Twisted Root Burger in Vestavia (you must check out the Chuck Norris wall!)
- First-time visit to Clanton for Peach Festival – highlight was getting peach ice cream.
- Got the first pedicure in over four years at Riveria Nails & Spa in Hoover. – so nice!
- Enjoyed watching the Braves beat the Marlins in Atlanta with hubby and daughter.
Looking forward to the rest of 2016!