People are always asking, “Where did the time go?” The time goes in big and small moments, some memorable and some wasted. You can read my highlights of the first quarter of 2016 HERE.
Here are some highlights of the second quarter of my year:
- I got my taxes done on time
- Discovered Ruffner Mountain
- Finished out the year subbing – you can read some of those adventures HERE. This also included the last three days of school with a great bunch of 8th graders
- Flew to Tampa to spend time with fam. This included a late afternoon at Clearwater Beach and a gorgeous sunset
- Read lots of books – You can check out what I’ve read so far this year here on my Pinterest board
- Made several trips to Pepper Place Market
- With more time in the summer, I checked out movies from the Hoover Library. It’s also a great place for lunch or a coffee!
- Discovered: Over Easy Cafe – delish!; Hillsboro Trail; Lazy Boy BBQ in Helena (great pork – best for take-out); Twisted Root Burger in Vestavia (you must check out the Chuck Norris wall!)
- First-time visit to Clanton for Peach Festival – highlight was getting peach ice cream.
- Got the first pedicure in over four years at Riveria Nails & Spa in Hoover. – so nice!
- Enjoyed watching the Braves beat the Marlins in Atlanta with hubby and daughter.
Looking forward to the rest of 2016!
I think it won’t matter what you order at the Tip Top Grill because you’ll be so enthralled with the view. However, for a breakfast that is good and economical, it can’t be beat.
On my first visit I ordered a ham and egg sandwich. And I said “yes” to the question, “Do you want mayonnaise?” I DO like mayo, but I’ll never go as far as the man who plans to be buried in a Duke’s Mayonnaise jar. Anyway, it was tasty and a perfect start to a great Saturday morning.
The restaurant overlooks the Oxmoor Valley Golf Course and a Lover’s leap. Quite a combination. The Lover’s Leap is a dramatic set of limestone boulders that protrude out over the valley. One Indian legend says an Indian brave, weary of the attentions of an Indian princess, took her to the high crest where he stabbed her with a bone knife. Then, in remorse, he gathered her in his arms and leaped off the bluff.
Next time I want to try out the lunch menu. Or, better yet, dinner and a sunset.
588 Shades Crest Road
Hours: Mon – Fri: 6:30 am – 7:00 pm; Sat: 6:30 am – 3:00 pm
89% like it at urbanspoon
6801 Cahaba Valley Rd, Ste 128, Birmingham, AL 35242
Edgar’s is a bakery plus a whole lot more. Our “sweet tooth” pulled us in, but we also picked up some potato salad and pepper coleslaw to take back to our hotel room.
I love wedding cookies and theirs did not disappoint. We also got a chocolate cheesecake bar and a red velvet cheesecake bar – both wonderful.
They carry beverages and also serve breakfast and lunch, as well as do catering.